Cupcakes are becoming even more popular every passing day with designers, wedding planners, and birthday parties for kids and even corporate events.
Cupcakes are a simple way to target each individual guest at a function as well as get out a bit of creativity in the decorating department.
We have come up with five ways to make a special occasion even that much more special by decorating the cupcakes in unique, special and tasty ways.
- Have you ever even considered decorating your cupcakes with flowers? Not just regular flowers but edible flowers? Perfect for a child’s birthday party, a baby shower or even a spring wedding you can add violets, geraniums, nasturtiums or chamomile flowers to the top of the cupcake for decoration and added flavor as these cupcakes are edible.
- Another cute way to decorate a cupcake is like the old-school ding-dongs. Decorate a cupcake in chocolate frosting and then add a line of whipped cream or white frosting across the top of the cupcake at the end.
- Ever tried making maple syrup cupcakes? To make maple cupcakes take 2 ½ cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt, ¾ tsp ground ginger, 1 stick unsalted butter softened, ½ cup brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1 ¼ cup maple syrup, 2 tsp vanilla extract, ½ cup buttermilk and ½ cup walnuts or pecans finely chopped. Heat the oven to 350 degrees and sift together the baking soda and baking powder, salt, flour and ginger. In a separate bowl beat the sugar and butter together. Then beat in the syrup, vanilla and eggs, and then alternate the buttermilk and flour mixture. Stir in the nuts and cook 20 mins. Now, for your decorating add maple-butter frosting to the top of your maple cupcakes. This will be a huge hit at your next get-together.
- An adorable way to decorate the standard and old-fashioned cupcake is to place an edible pink posy on top. Posies are the perfect decoration for a baby or bridal shower.
- My absolute favorite cupcake decorating technique is the sunflower technique. Take any cupcake (vanilla, chocolate, any flavor) and decorate the top of the cupcake with yellow frosting around the middle making the sunflower part and the middle could be a dark chocolate or even dark purple/blue center of the sunflower. These are cheery and adorable and like we said you can decorate any flavored cupcake as a sunflower.