Who does not like a light fluffy yet moist cake! But baking the cake to perfection is a totally different game. You may have tried your hands at it and not got the perfect cake that is feather light and fluffy. The main reason for not having a soft and spongy cake is the absence of the air trapped in it.
Many people think that adding yeast in large quantities will help the cake become fluffy, but yeast aids in the rising of the cake and not making it soft. You definitely do not want a cake that has raised a lot and has the crust of bread. A few tips will let you become a good baker. Here they go
Tips to Bake a Light and Fluffy Cake
- Follow the recipe. If you are learning the ropes of baking, you need to stick to the recipe. Do not try and get experimental with the ingredients or the portions.
- Have everything ready. Before you start mixing the ingredients to make the batter, make sure that you have all the ingredients in the correct quantities on your counter top. This will prevent you from letting the batter lose air while you weigh out each ingredient.
- Check the right temperature. All the ingredients you use must be at room temperature. Cold eggs do not whip up as well as the ones at room temperature. The butter should be soft but must hold together.
- Get the measurements right. The proportion of flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda should be right. Mix them well before adding the wet ingredients.
- Use good flour. Cake flour is recommended for making a better cake. Sift the flour before you use it. In this way you will get rid of the mounds in it and incorporate air while sifting, making the batter light.
- Line the cake pans. Before you whip up the batter, grease the baking pans and line them with parchment paper to trap the air.
- Preheat oven. You should not have to wait for the oven to preheat after your batter is made and poured out into the cake pans.
Baking and creating a wonderful cake is a process of joy. Enjoy yourself while you are at it and bake a lot of cakes. Experience and time are the two most important ingredients to bake a light and fluffy cake and with these tips, you have already got the secret password to make such yummy and softie cakes!
Photo Credit By: blissfullydelicious.com