Chefs often argue whether it is the French or the Chinese cuisine that is the best in the world. Both have their uniqueness but the simplicity of taste and the ease of cooking Chinese food make it every man’s choice. So if you enjoy having Chinese food and you also love cooking, then below given tips will surely be of great help to you.
Pointers for Cooking Chinese Food
- Garlic, ginger and chilli are good for health. You can use all these ingredients in Chinese dishes in abundance. They do not ruin the taste but on the contrary add the flavor that you enjoy.
- Chinese dishes require very little oil. So if you are making stir fries you need a non stick wok, a high flame and very little oil. Use sesame oil if you want. There is a nutty crunchy flavor that this oil lends to the dishes.
- Noodles are an integral part of Chinese cuisine. So whenever you are cooking them make sure that you have boiled the noodles so that they are al dente. They must not become very mushy nor should they remain too dry. When you boil the noodles add a few drops of oil and you will see that they do not stick to each other. You can also drain the water and let the noodles rest before cooking.
- If you cook Chinese food too frequently, buy a wok. The depth of a wok makes it easier to toss the food that gets evenly spread out. It can also be used as a deep fryer or steamer.
- Prepare the ingredients before you start the cooking procedure. Most of the Chinese delicacies hardly take few minutes to be actually prepared; the time taking process is the preparation time when you have to cut the ingredients in the right shape and size for better produce.
- Whenever you are cooking rice based Chinese dish you should first cook your rice in a cooker or a pot so that they remain hot while you work on the rest of the dishes.
- While preparing a Chinese meal look for the balance of flavors, colors, moistness, dryness, proteins and vitamins.
- Soy Sauce in Chinese dishes is to be added by the cook himself and not the diner. So whenever your recipe requires soy sauce you should add the same while cooking.
- Besides above given, using sharp knife and hot flame are the 2 most important points of Chinese cooking.
Photo Credit By: taste.com.au