Getting kids to eat healthy food besides all the junk variety available in the market is pretty difficult and getting them to eat salads is definitely not an easy task. Well it might not have been in the past, but if you knew a few easy salad fixes which were kind of kid friendly your life would become much easier. So the kid friendly salad fixes which are easy to make and are attractive or shall we say appealing enough for the kids to eat without hassle are listed here.
These salads are quite healthy and tasty as well. So follow these few recipes to make your kids happy and healthy.
- Then put all the chopped pieces into a bowl, add your kids favourite mayo, mustard sauce and then some salt, pepper to taste.
- You can also add variety of chopped greens, onions; celery etc which your kid likes and mix it all up.
- Now place this mix onto a warm slice of toasted bread and serve your kids a healthy protein snack/ salad.
Barbeque Chicken Salad
An easy salad which can be made with the use of leftover chicken in less than 10 minutes at home is an amazing option to serve to your kids.
- First get lettuce and chop into little bits and place them at the bottom of the salad bowl.
- Now place the chicken on the lettuce and drizzle on top some barbeque sauce.
- Then arrange some corns, tomatoes and onions on top of the chicken in any fashion suitable to you.
- Drizzle some ranch dressing and add spices as per flavour to get a salad ready to be served.
- Mix/ whisk in a salad bowl some olive oil, mustard, garlic, vinegar, scallion, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Now toss in some warm boiled rice, some of your kid’s favourite chopped veggies (make sure they add colour to the whole dish) and give it a light mix/ stir.
- Add some feta and herbs to make it aromatic and adjust the seasoning as per the taste of the kid.
- Serve it at room temperature and your kid will love it.