Posted on Dec 17, 2014 | Comments 0
It is not an unknown fact that fat is one thing that is responsible for increasing weight of a person and is also something that may be responsible for many ailments and diseases. Those on a diet are always trying to reduce the fat content from their diet as this is a great way to lose weight and also stay fit and healthy.
But is everyone able to achieve lowering of the fat successfully? Well, not always. But with the following given 10 tips and suggestions, you will easily be able to lower down the fat content from your diet. So read on and have healthy eating habits.
- If the food or recipe that you are cooking or are going to have contains cream, then you can have it replaced with lower fat fromage frais, crème fraiche or even natural yoghurt.
- If you are used to having whole milk, then may be it is time that you switch it with skimmed or semi skimmed milk.
- Another tip to lower down the fat content from your diet is to lower the amount of cheese that you use on the pizza, the pasta, the lasagna or the macaroni with cheese.
- Swap the use of butter with the use of vegetable oil as this too is a great way to reduce the fat you intake.
- Incorporate unsaturated oils like sunflower oil, olive oil etc. instead of ghee, butter or other saturated oils.
- Make sure you use a nonstick pan for cooking as it ensures that you don’t use extra oil while cooking as it doesn’t absorb the oil.
- Use pulses and vegetables instead of extra meat in your non-vegetarian dishes as well because meat can contain a lot of fat content.
- Another useful tip to lower down the fat from your diet is to try grilling, baking and poaching rather than frying or roasting as this can reduce oil content from food.
- Another tip is to avoid eating more than 1 fat rich dish every day. Doing this will keep your fat content in check.
- Whenever you go out to eat in restaurants, opt for less oil dishes like salads, soups and vegetable based dishes rather than fried foods or fat rich foods. This is a good way to keep yourself from indulging when eating out.
Filed Under: Features