Lebanese cuisine includes a lot of things like starches, vegetables, sea foods etc. The cuisine is steadily catching the fantasy of the food lovers all over the world. A plenty of olive oil, garlic and seasoning of lemon juice is a trait of this cuisine; along with a great assortment of herbs. However, a lot of people find it difficult to cook these foods. Thus, here are a few tips and secrets from the Lebanese kitchen to help you cook tasty Lebanese food.
While cooking Lebanese food, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind.
- It is recommended to always use traditional food ingredients, in order to maintain the authenticity of the food. However, you also should note that these recipes have been tried and altered several times in a Lebanese household. Therefore, you can also resort to a few renovations when you are cooking your food.
- You might want to use the famous Lebanese seven spice mix while you are cooking minced meat. If you choose to use it do keep such spices like thyme, oregano, parsley etc handy.
- The preferred medium of cooking in Lebanon is olive oil, since it is found very easily in the country. So in order to capture the real taste of Lebanese food, use a good quality olive oil.
- Another common ingredient which is regularly used in this cuisine is lemon juice. It is added in order to enhance the acidic taste of the dish and also to add a bit of fresh flavor in the food. So you might consider using it too.
- One interesting thing about Lebanese cooking is that it is always accompanied by chutney. Keep this in mind when you are serving a Lebanese meal. Prepare them before hand, and keep them in refrigerator.
- In Lebanese cooking there is less wastage of the items. The Lebanese people use each and every part of the ingredient in various ways. When cooking meat they also boil the bone and use the stock in some other dish.
- Using of a lot of olives, cheese, etc are common in Lebanese style. You can also use them in any way you like.
- Remember that at the end of the meal it is customary to serve strong Lebanese coffee along with a specific Turkish sweet known as baklava.
Lebanese bread is also a specialty which you should learn while you are attempting to cook Lebanese food.