Salads are undoubtedly the first option to eat healthy. The greens would surely not look so dull if they are prepared perfectly. Abundance in nutrients, delicious dressings, flavorful ingredients, and the correct ratio of fillings to toppings will make your salads mouthwatering. These low calorie salad recipes are all less than 300 calories per serving. They keep you full for long hours without piling up fat. Read on to know more about these delicious salads –
Yoghurt and Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber (peeled and thinly sliced) – 3
- Garlic cloves (minced) – 2
- Plain yoghurt (beaten) – 1 cup
- Dried mint – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper
Mix the cucumber slices and the garlic. Now layer the slices on a salad dish and sprinkle salt and pepper over each layer. Drain the liquid and mix in all the other ingredients.
- Chickpeas (rinsed and drained) – 1 cup
- ½ Red onion, 1/2cucumber, 1red pepper (roasted), 3tomatoes, 2 garlic cloves – all chopped
- Lemon juice, olive oil and salt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and allow to stand for few minutes before serving.
- Lettuce, red onions, radishes, tomato ( all chopped into pieces)
- Non fat yoghurt, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, dried oregano, salt and pepper
Mix the veggies in one bowl and the other ingredients in a jar. Combine both and allow to stand for the flavor to mix well.
Minted Fruit Salad
- Lime peel (grated)
- honeydew, fresh mint, strawberries, pineapple and mangoes – all cubed
- Lemon juice and honey
Combine all the ingredients and mix well!
Orange Zest Salad
- Salad greens, fruits and oranges for the salad
- Orange juice, zest, lemon juice, yoghurt, honey and mayonnaise for the dressing
Prepare salad and dressing separately and combine both!
Strawberries and Feta Salad
- Lettuce, mint, strawberries
- Sherry vinaigrette and crumbled goat’s or sheep milk feat
Combine all and your salad is ready!
Chicken and Lettuce Salad
- Cooked chicken, lettuce, carrot, cucumber
- Mayonnaise salad dressing, lemon juice, salt, pepper, crumbled brown rice cakes
Prepare the dressing first and mix with the other ingredients!
German Cucumber Salad
- Cucumbers, onion
- Sour cream, paprika, dried parsley, white sugar, salt and vinegar
Mix all the ingredients and the salad is ready!
Mexican Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber, corn kernel, bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes
- Salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, cumin, dried cilantro
Toss all the ingredients in a salad bowl and your salad is ready.
Summer Fruit Salad
- Orange juice, lemon juice
- Pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, grapes, blueberries
- Lemon zest, orange zest, brown extract, vanilla extract
Heat the juices and add the ingredients apart from the fruits. Simmer for few minutes. Layer the fruits and pour over this heated mixture on top!