Posted on May 31, 2016 | Comments 0
As very few people know that diabetes is not a disease but a condition of the body where the pancreas stops producing insulin that is responsible to maintain sugar level in the body so, they find out ways to cure it. But since it cannot be cured so the person suffering from diabetes should take few precautions to maintain his/her sugar level and since there is no hard and fast rule to follow or extreme diet to eat hence a diabetic can enjoy his/her favorite food but with a little bit of cautiousness. Along with a little exercise and a healthy diet will always help you go along with diabetes without any of its symptoms.
Although there are certain foods that are known to balance diabetes but to add some flavor to your food and life below are few soup recipes which are not only tasty but healthy as well :
- Golden summer squash and corn soup- Get 2 medium summer squash dice, 1 medium shallot chopped, 3 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs like thyme or oregano, 114 ounce chicken broth or vegetable broth, 1 cup fresh corn kernels, salt to taste, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese with some extra virgin olive oil. Boil them together and enjoy it hot.
- Barley soup: Drain some soaked barley and keep aside and in a pan heat some oil and sauté ingredients like onion and ginger and then pressure cook the barley and red lentils with carrot cubes and capsicum slices and later add chopped tomatoes and coriander and allow them to boil.
- Loaded black eyed peas, spinach and vegetable soup- In a pan heat oil and saute onion and garlic for 10 minutes and then add vegetable broth and bring to boil. Once it starts boiling add potatoes, black eyed peas, carrot, spinach, zucchini, parsley and bay leaves to the broth. Season it with salt and black pepper.
- Chicken and bok choy soup- Heat oil in a large stockpot and cook onion and garlic until it is softened. Then add water, chicken base, potatoes, carrots, bok choy and celery and bring it to boil. Then add chicken and cook it until chicken is no longer pink.
- Vegetable soup- Add broth in a saucepan and put parboiled vegetables like asparagus, green beans, cauliflower, leaf cabbage, celery, and green pepper and bring it to boil. Add salt to taste and sprinkle some grated cheese over the top.
Enjoy these delicious recipes and forget about diabetes.
Filed Under: Soups & Salads